Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Reconnecting

I have this recurring thought/feeling. Something strange happened when humans started owning land. We developed a disconnected relationship to it. I don't remember what it was like before, but I can only imagine. Something in my core still wants to roam as if there were no fences. That same instinct wants the knowledge of indigenous peoples, the connection with the earth. I want the feeling that I get when I squish my bare feet into the sand and feel the swish of waves on the shore, the breeze, and the elements speaking to me. My spirit wants to hear the voice of the Earth Spirit. Before we started building boxes and cubes and mazes, computers, cubicles, living rooms, and parking lots; there was a roundness a whole. I don''t want to feel compartmentalized all the time. I want to feel whole, holy, wholly.

No comments:

Post a Comment